Podcast Episode 5
Navigating the Legal System
with David Morneau
Dave Morneau was a family lawyer for more than 20 years before becoming the Executive Director of a non-profit organization that supports children who have experienced or witnessed abuse and crime. In this episode, he explains what forms of domestic violence are recognized by law, reflects on his experience working in the field, and shares his perspective on how we can work together to create a more holistic system.
Join in the conversation! Use the hashtag #SheIsYourNeighbour and connect with us on social media at @WomensCrisisSWR. Learn more at www.sheisyourneighbour.com.
- ‘Barriers’ in Canada’s legal system complicating fight to end domestic violence
- A Family Lawyer’s Role Is (Not) to Minimize Conflict
- Bill C 78 – Amendments to the Divorce Act
- Intimate Partner Violence Just Facts
- Intimate Partner Violence Risk Assessment Tools
- Blog Stories – Homepage
- Programs and Services
Get This Episode