Fundraise for Us
Fundraising is an exciting way to use your skills, talents and expertise, while raising money to support women and children experiencing domestic violence.
Whether on your own or with a group of friends, hosting a fundraising event for Women’s Crisis Services is a great way to help women and children in our community moving beyind violence. From a family fun day to a black tie dinner – there are lots of ways to fundraise.
We provide you with any support you need – including a dedicated fundraising contact, and resources including pop-up banners, donation forms, our logo, and a script to read at your fundraising event. Click here to complete our event application form.
What is a third-party fundraiser and why should I host one?
A third-party fundraising event is when a business, organization, community group, school or individual hosts an event or program to benefit Women’s Crisis Services. It is planned and executed independently of Women’s Crisis Services. Women’s Crisis Services is funded partly by local donations. In order to help women and children move beyond violence, we need your help. It is as simple as that.
I want to organize a fundraiser for Women’s Crisis Services but I’m not sure what to do.
Listed below are some ideas that you can help raise funds and awareness for Women’s Crisis Services. This list is by no means exhaustive. Let your creativity guide you!
- Collect Donations: Set out collection canisters next to cash registers to encourage your customers to help you support Women’s Crisis Services.
- Create your own online fundraising page
- Host a Benefit Concert
- Host a bake sale
- Host a car wash
- Donate a percentage of your business profits
- Designate Women’s Crisis Services as the beneficiary for your event: If your business or organization hosts an annual event that generates funds, consider donating a portion of the proceeds to Women’s Crisis Services.
- See more ideas below
I want to host a fundraiser. What should I do next?
If you have questions, please contact Jenna Mayne, Communications & Fund Development Manager at (519) 741-9184 ext 2003 or email email@example.com.
What will Women’s Crisis Services do to help with my fundraiser?
There are limits to how we can help, but here are some of the things we can offer:
- A pop-up banner
- Donation forms
- Donation envelopes
- Organization brochure
- An online fundraising page for your event
- Issue tax receipts, subject to Canada Revenue Agency guidelines
- A script that helps you describe the work we do and why folks should donate at your event
- Promotion through Social media – Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- If requested, a representative from Women’s Crisis Services to speak at your event
We give you a pop-up display to show at your event.
We give you donation forms and envelopes so that your participants can donate by cash, cheque or credit card and receive a charitable tax receipt from us.
We give you instructions on how to collect donations at your event. And we give you an approved message that you can deliver at your event to describe our agency (who we are, what we do, who we help).
We give you a supply of brochures that describe our agency.
What can Women’s Crisis Services not do for my event?
- Fund or reimburse any event expenses
- Provide donor or sponsor lists
- Guarantee attendance of staff or volunteers at your event
- Solicit individuals or companies to acquire donations or sponsorship for auctions or raffles
- Apply for gaming licenses (e.g. bingos, raffles, liquor, insurance) for your event
- Provide tax receipts for cash or in-kind goods that were not directly received by Women’s Crisis Services
What am I responsible for?
As the event sponsor, you are responsible for all details of the event, including:
- Underwriting all of the related costs
- Printing of all materials
- Creating flyers to publicize the event
- Working at the event
- Applicable lottery and gaming licenses
Fundraising Event Ideas
- Create your own online fundraising page
- Arts and Crafts Sale/Show
- Bake sale
- Balloon Pop
- Battle of the Bands
- Benefit Dinner
- Bingo Night
- Birthday celebrations
- Book Sale
- Bowling Tournament
- Car Wash
- Casino Night
- Wedding Registry Item
- Cocktails for a Cause
- Comedy night
- Concession Stand
- Craft sale
- Dinner Party
- Donations in Lieu of Wedding Gifts
- Face Painting
- Fashion show
- Fishing Derby
- Fitness challenge
- Flower Sale
- Wii Tournament
- Game night
- Garage Sale
- Gift wrapping (especially during the holidays)
- Golf tournament
- Grand Opening
- Jail’n Bail
- Karaoke night
- Kickball Tournament
- Movie night
- Pancake breakfast
- Pet Wash
- Photo Outing
- Play (at a theatre or auditorium)
- Poker tournament
- Wine Tasting
- Proceeds from Retail or Restaurant Sales
- Quiz night
- Rummage Sale
- Scavenger Hunt
- Seasonal fundraising
- Easter egg hunt
- Christmas decorating contest
- Softball Tournament
- Sporting event
- Tailgate Party
- Ticketed Event
- Traditional Gala Event
Got a fundraiser in mind?
If you have questions, please contact Jenna Mayne, Communications & Fund Development Manager, at (519) 741-9184 ext 2003, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.