WOMEN’S CRISIS SERVICES OF WATERLOO REGION
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region operates two 24 hour emergency shelters: Haven House in Cambridge and Anselma House in Kitchener, as well as an Outreach program for abused women and their children. We are a not-for-profit organization and work from an anti-racism and anti-oppressive framework.
We are inviting applications for a temporary full time Outreach Manager; approximately seven months to fill a maternity leave (mid-December 2017 to July 2018).
This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the Outreach Program including the development, coordination, direction and supervision of unionized Outreach Support Workers, Clinical Worker(s), and contracted Safe Steps group facilitators, placement students, grant and contract positions when applicable.
The role is to oversee the daily activities of the Outreach program employees, and is responsible for ensuring that the Outreach Program functions in an effective and accountable manner through the application of the agency’s service delivery principles.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW), along with a minimum of three years management experience in the VAW field.
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Registered Social Workers, or equivalent registered organization
- Three to five years of management and supervisory experience is required. This would include meeting facilitation, highly developed interpersonal skills, communication and recording skills and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated skills in program management with providing supervision, direction and program planning within a non for profit unionized setting
- Thorough knowledge of advocacy, crisis intervention, assessment, and contracting based on the needs of abused women and their children
- Knowledge of the issues and complexities contained within the violence against women framework
- Extensive experience with labour relations, interpersonal relations and team building skills with strong conflict resolution, problem solving and mediation skills
- Experience designing services and training on matters related to the support and protection of women and their children who have experienced violence, utilizing an anti-oppression and feminist analysis framework
- Demonstrated sound judgment and the ability to be decisive in crisis situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Current and informed knowledge of women and children related to multi-cultural issues
- Current and informed knowledge of the needs of diverse groups of women – such as disabled, LGBTQ, transgendered, survivors of trauma, women who self-harm, women with mental health issues and women with addictions
- Ability to direct situations and implement rules and guidelines
- Knowledge of group processes including the ability to design, plan, and research groups for abused women and their children
- Sound and current knowledge of community resources throughout Waterloo Region
- Maintain regular contact with community collaterals to build relationships and to provide professional development for staff and clients so that referrals and resources can be accessed
- Current knowledge of basic family law, Child and Family Services Act and related legal issues
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to program needs, giving direction to staff and working flexible hours as required
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to speak and write a second language would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Demonstrated professional conduct
- Ability to assume “on call” duties
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license, valid insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
- Travel required throughout Waterloo Region.
As hiring will happen as soon as possible, interviewing will take place as potential candidates are chosen. Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations immediately to:
Mary Zilney MSW, RSW
Chief Executive Officer
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
700 Heritage Drive
Kitchener, ON N2A 3N9
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.