We are looking for an administrative volunteer to join our team!
You will be responsible for providing administrative support and completing assigned office duties.
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region provides emergency shelter to women and children leaving abusive relationships. We operate 2 shelters: Anselma House in Kitchener and Haven House in Cambridge. Our facilities operate on a 24/7 basis. We believe every woman and child deserves to live a life free from violence.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Duties
- Maintain the appearance of the front reception/office/lobby area
- Handle all incoming inquiries on the business line, disseminating inquiries to the appropriate department or personnel
- Answer the door to all visitors, contractors or non-agency personnel. Ensure appropriate parties are notified
- Provide assistance with clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, and filing
- Maintain photocopier paper supply, toner, envelopes letterhead as necessary
- Assist with the preparation of events, meetings or conferences such as arranging for coffee/tea, lunches, the preparation of agendas or documents and the booking of meeting space and attendees
- Demonstrate professional conduct while performing all job tasks
- Prepare simple word processed documents
- Prepare and stamp all outgoing mail
- Pick up, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Be familiar with the donation process and be able to handle all donation phone calls and inquiries. Ensure appropriate parties are contacted.
- Relevant experience in an administrative position or equivalent
- Written and oral communication skills
- Customer Service skills an asset
- Basic computer experience
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual)
- Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to multi-task
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally with staff, management, other volunteers, suppliers, and community partners
- Demonstrated independent thinking and initiative
- Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team
- Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Specialist