November is Woman Abuse Awareness month. This year’s theme is “What about the kids?“ We need you to help us to reach as many women in Waterloo Region as possible”especially mothers of young kids.
And please stay connected with us to help us move women and kids beyond violence and end woman abuse throughout the year.
November 4 “ Launch event: 1:30 p.m. at Oz Hair and Skin, 420 Erb Street W., Waterloo
November 5 – Awareness Event RSVP required by October 29
Put the power of social media to work
You can help share the What about the kids? page, our infographic, our two videos, several blog posts and other information we’ll be sharing. Here’s how:
- Like us on Facebook. (facebook.com/womenscrisisSWR} Share, comment & like our posts
- Follow us on Twitter (@womenscrisisSWR) and retweet our posts. Use #vawWR
- Share our Youtube videos (youutube.com/womenscrisisSWR)
- Like our LinkedIn page and share with your professional network.
- Write a blog post. Share your post on social media. Let us know about it!
Put up our infographic poster
Please post the infographic where women with young kids are found. Please open the PDF version and print.
Show your support!
Get a button at participating hair salons, spas or Women’s Crisis Services shelters and wear it!
You can also pick up one of our awareness cards to share with women who may need our help.
Talk to your family & friends
The best way to help is to talk to your family and friends about violence against women. Make sure they know about the unique role played by Women’s Crisis Services in our community and how we can help. Let them know about our 24 hour support lines and that more information is available on our website: wcswr.org