Voices Empower: An Evening with Elton – SOLD OUT SHOW!
Enjoy a fantastic night out while supporting a great cause! Join us for Voices Empower: An Evening with Elton, a concert fundraiser in recognition of Woman Abuse Prevention Month.
Voices Empower: An Evening with Elton will take place on November 8, 2019 at Maxwell’s Concerts and Events in Waterloo. The evening will feature an exciting performance by Elton Rohn (North America’s Premier Elton John Tribute Band), delicious hors d’oeuvres prepared by Chef D, a silent auction, wine pull and fund-a-need. Proceeds from the event will go directly to supporting the women and children we serve at Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region.
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please see our sponsorship opportunities.
- Date: Friday, November 8, 2019
- Time: 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm (Doors open at 7:00 pm, Event starts at 7:30 pm)
- Location: Maxwell’s Concerts and Events, 35 University Avenue East, Waterloo, ON
- Cost: $60 General Admission | $600 for a VIP Table of 8
- Wear your glam rock attire! Best outfit wins a prize.
Your Ticket Includes
- 1 General Admission
- Cocktail hour: Hors d’oeuvres prepared by Chef D (cash bar available)
- Special performance by Elton Rohn!
Event is Sold Out!
Elton Rohn – North America’s Premier Elton John Tribute Band
We’re so excited to have Elton Rohn performing at Voices Empower this year. This world class show is considered one of the very best tributes anywhere.
Read more about Elton Rohn!
Whats on the menu with Chef D!
- Fish and Chips on a skewer (beer battered cod, fresh potato chip)
- Mini York shire pudding (Traditional mini Yorkshire pudding, topped with a slice of beef tenderloin)
- Sausage in a blanket (puff pastry with in house sausage)
- Dip Station with Spring Pea Dip, Hummus, Black bean Salsa
- Vegetarian Shepherdʼs Pie (served in a Mason Jar)
- Smoked Salmon and cucumber pin wheels caper aioli
- Liver and Onions (liver pate with a carmelized onion jam)
- Beef or Salmon Wellington ( small round of puff pastry, beef, brandy infused mushrooms)
- Deviled Eggs
- Cobbler (individual) gluten free and vegan
- Individual Trifle (Angel Food Cake, fresh fruit, custard)
About Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region operates two emergency shelters for abused women and their children: Anselma House in Kitchener and Haven House in Cambridge. We also facilitate a regional outreach program to support women leaving our shelters and transitioning to independence, as well as women who are still in abusive situations and need assistance. We are the only agency of this kind in Waterloo Region.
We’re currently seeking Sponsorships and Auction Items for Voices Empower: An Evening with Elton! If you’re interested in supporting our efforts, please see our sponsorship opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does General Admission mean?
General Admission (GA) refers to seating or standing areas that are not assigned or reserved, and are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Please note we will not be assigning seats for this event. Wear your dancing shoes!
Is parking free?
Parking is free. Overnight parking is permitted at Maxwell’s.
Public transportation is available (by bus). The nearest bus stop is University/Weber.
What method of payment do you accept?
We accept cash and cheques. There are two ATMs on site at Maxwell’s. Donor cards will also be provided if you wish to use a credit card.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You may provide your name upon arrival – no printed ticket necessary.
I have dietary restrictions; will there be options for me?
Our Caterer will be providing a variety of menu items with Gluten, Vegan, and Dairy Free options available.
*Please check with servers when items are offered.
What time do doors open?
Doors open at 7:00 PM and the event starts at 7:30 PM.
What is a Wine Pull?
For our “wine pull” we are offering a variety of bottles, ranging in value ($15-$50 per bottle) and type. Guests donate $20, and select a numbered cork that corresponds to a mystery bottle of wine! Everyone Wins!
Wine must be picked up when leaving the event.
What is Fund-A-Need?
A special pledge appeal for supporters to donate a specific amount of money for a specific purpose.
We will have an Auctionista help us raise additional financial support for our vital Music Therapy Program.
How to share the event on Social Media?
While enjoying yourself on event night, please share your photos using the hashtag: #VoicesEmpower and tag us! @womenscrisisSWR