Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region relies on the community’s generous support. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our agency, and that you wish to support the work we do in Waterloo Region. Together we can help women and children move beyond violence. Thank you!
If you wish to host a third party event please read our terms and conditions for third party events below. Then please download, complete and return our Third Party Event Registration Form.
Should you have any questions or concerns, Kourtney our Fund Development Manager would be happy to assist you. Please contact Alan Sharpe at 519.741.9184 x 2003.
Terms and Conditions of Third Party Events
1. Event organizers shall complete and sign the third party registration/event agreement form before marketing their event.
2. All printed materials must be approved by the Fund Development Manager prior to printing and must clearly state the amount of proceeds we are receiving from the event, i.e. all proceeds, net proceeds, partial proceeds, or percentage of proceeds.
3. When using our logo we insist that you adhere to our colour guidelines and that no changes are made to our logo. Women’s Crisis Services has sole jurisdiction over the use of our logo and any promotional materials created using the name and/or logo.
4. Women’s Crisis Services will NOT endorse the sale of any products or services.
5. The third party event may not be for the purpose of obtaining business contacts to benefit the third party’s business; this may be considered a conflict of interest.
6. If for any reason we feel that our reputation may be compromised we reserve the right to cancel our agreement. We are not responsible for any financial or other damages that may result from such cancellation.
7. All sporting events require that participants sign a waiver form, waiving Women’s Crisis Services of physical, personal and financial liability.
8. All third party events require appropriate insurance coverage to be obtained by the organizers of the event.
9. Event organizers shall acquire all permits and licences and are responsible for all advertising for the event. Women’s Crisis Services will promote the event on our website and facebook provided we receive at least half the proceeds of the event. This will be posted no earlier than 45 days before the event.
10. Women’s Crisis Services is not responsible for any event expenses, or any financial loss or unsettled accounts as a result of this third party event.
11. Tax receipt will be issued at the sole discretion of Women’s Crisis Services according to Canada Revenue Agency and MUST be agreed upon prior to the event. When forwarding a list of donors for tax receipting purposes, individuals must be made aware of the fact that organizers are forwarding this information to Women’s Crisis Services. Individuals must be given an option of not having their information forwarded, or opting out.
12. In order to conduct a lottery, bingo, raffle, 50/50 draw or game of chance a licence must be obtained by the charity. Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region does NOT lend its name to lottery licences run by independent third party events.
13. Women’s Crisis Services is not responsible for selling tickets to the third party event.
14. We ask that any sponsors supporting your event are in line with Women’s Crisis Services Mission, Vision and Values. We will not support events whose donors promote the use of guns, violence or inequality against women.
15. Women’s Crisis Services may possibly provide if requested and available, volunteer support, a speaker or representative at the event, display or brochure materials.