Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region operates two 24 hour emergency shelters; Haven House in Cambridge and Anselma House in Kitchener as well as an Outreach program for abused women and their children. We are a not-for-profit organization and work from an anti-racism and anti-oppressive framework.
We have a vacancy for a Permanent Residential Manager at Anselma House, our Kitchener shelter.
This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the Residential Program including the development, coordination, direction and supervision of unionized staff including but not limited to: Residential Support Workers, Child and Youth workers, and Relief staff.
Oversees the daily activities of the Residential Program, including the child and youth program, and the employees and is responsible for ensuring that the programs operate in an effective and accountable manner through the application of the agency’s service delivery principles.
- Master of Social Work (MSW)degree along with a minimum of three years management experience in the VAW field
- Will consider an equivalent Masters Degree (such as Applied Psychology) along with a minimum of three years management experience in the social services field
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Registered Social Workers or equivalent registered organization
- Management experience in a unionized, residential facility an asset
- Strong knowledge of issues affecting abused women and their children
- Demonstrated experience working from a feminist, anti-oppressive framework
- Successful application of residential programming in a women’s shelter setting preferred
- Demonstrated experience in program development
- Demonstrated sound judgment and the ability to be decisive in crisis situations
- Experience in conflict resolution practices and negotiation techniques, as well as the ability to facilitate team building and meetings, direct situations and implement rules and guidelines
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership and experience with performance development/performance management
- Strong leadership and assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both oral and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team
- Must be able to work in concert with the other Residential Manager
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the community, staff and partner agencies
- Cross-cultural perspective and awareness; second language an asset
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Must be available to be part of the Managers’ (24/7) on call rotation
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license, valid insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
- Travel required throughout Waterloo region
Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations by June 28, 2018 to Jennifer Hutton:
Chief Executive Officer
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
700 Heritage Drive
Kitchener, ON N2A 3N9
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.