Hats Off to Mom! Virtual Event
Happy Mother’s Day to all! As you know, our Hats Off to Mom! event has gone virtual this year. Due to COVID-19, we were unable to host our usual Mother’s Day brunch. Despite this, we still wanted to do something special for mothers and we thought a virtual event + auction would be a fun way to connect while social distancing! We invite you to put on your favourite hat and join in from home.
Let’s honour mothers while helping the moms and children in shelter. Our virtual auction begins on Sunday, May 10 and will continue until Monday, May 18. We have so many amazing items for you to bid on thanks to our wonderful community supporters. There will also be live music provided by local favourite, Juneyt! Please join us on Facebook Live at 11 am for a special performance by Juneyt while you browse the online auction. Be sure to log in and like our Facebook page so you do not miss this awesome performance!
Don’t forget about your hat! We encourage you to put on your best hat, take a photo, and share it on social media! Tag us on Facebook and Twitter @WomensCrisisSWR and use the hashtag #HatsOff2020. Thanks so much for joining us to celebrate mothers and for helping women and children move beyond violence.
An Opening Message from our CEO, Jennifer Hutton
Virtual Event Details
- The online auction opens on Sunday, May 10th at 9 am and will close on Monday, May 18th at 9 pm.
- There are so many great items to bid on – designer purses, gift cards to your favourite local restaurants and stores, relaxing bath and body packages and so much more!
- Although we can’t have brunch together this year, ChefD has generously put together some special dinner packages for the online auction! Make sure to check out these packages for an amazing virtual cooking & dining experience with ChefD.
Virtual Performance by Juneyt
- Juneyt will be providing a virtual concert today at 11:00 am via Facebook Live. Be sure to log in and like our Facebook page so you do not miss this special performance!
- You will enjoy great music by Juneyt while browsing the online auction and enjoying your Mother’s Day at home!
Wear Your Hats!
- We’re sad that we can’t be together in person and we miss seeing all your great hats! But staying home won’t stop us from celebrating moms in style.
- We encourage you to put on your best hat, take a photo, and share it on social media! Tag us on Facebook and Twitter @WomensCrisisSWR and use the hashtag #HatsOff2020. We can’t wait to see your fabulous hats!
Invite Your Friends
- Share this with your family and friends! Let them know about the virtual event + auction and invite them to join – the more the merrier!
Thank You to our amazing community for generously donating to our online auction.
@Home & Play Home Inspections
African Lion Safari
BlueTopaz Pet Care
Buck Naked Soap Company
Centre in the Square
Claudette Martinez – Local Artist
Country Girl Restaurant
Di Pietro Food Centre
Home Hardware Stores LimitedHomeSense
Kitchener Waterloo Oktoberfest
Lilies White Floral
Piller’s Fine Foods
RBJ Schlegel Holdings
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
Toronto International Film Festival
Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club
White Rabbit Waterloo
A special thank you to all our Hats Off to Mom! Sponsors who donated the value of their sponsorship in light of COVID-19. We are truly grateful for your support!