Communications, Fund Development & Operational Support
Part-time, maternity leave contract
We are looking for a motivated Communications, Fund Development and Operational Support person who is highly efficient and detail-oriented.
We are currently hiring for the contract position of Communications, Fund Development & Operational Support. This is a part-time position at 22.5 hours per week.
The Communications, Fund Development & Operational Support employee is responsible for providing confidential administrative support to the Communications and Fund Development Manager and the executive team (Senior Director of Operations & CEO). This includes participating in all communications and fundraising activities including donor and public relations, agency communications, appeals and special events as required. It includes operational support through assistance with facilities, agency systems and processes as well as statistical reporting. This is a non-bargaining position of confidence and trust, reporting directly to the Communications and Fund Development Manager.
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region provides emergency shelter to women and children fleeing abusive relationships. We operate 2 shelters (Anselma House in Kitchener and Haven House in Cambridge) as well as a regional outreach program. Our facilities operate on a 24/7 basis. We believe everyone deserves to live a life free from abuse.
What We Offer
- Dynamic workplace culture with a strong sense of team and team-based learning
- Opportunity to expand and develop your skills
- Leadership Development Program available for staff
- Competitive wages.
Education & Experience
- Minimum three years of experience in an administrative or fundraising position, preferably in a not-for-profit, fund development or public relations setting.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Sound knowledge of finance practices such as bank deposits, general ledger, balance reporting.
- Understanding of general operations and creating efficiencies.
- Valid driver’s license, valid insurance and reliable vehicle.
- Must be available to work flexible hours (i.e. some evenings and weekends).
- Superior organizational and time management skills; ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher, Power Point, and Excel. Graphic design experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and ability to learn new programs in a timely manner.
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual).
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, be self-directed and take initiative.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally with staff, management, volunteers, suppliers, community partners and external stakeholders.
- High level of professionalism and ability to manage smooth event logistics under pressure.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain donor files; including; foundations, corporations and individuals.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually input, update and correct database records.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors including supporting the completion of grant applications.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and holiday appeal letters.
- Track tax credit donations in the database and keep a file for each tax credit donor.
- Send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors.
- Answer donor questions regarding tax credit programs.
- Assist with United Way reports and applications as needed.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials, coordinate and attend events.
- Prepare media materials for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing).
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Coordinate the United Way giving campaign for the agency.
- Assist with the management of social media channels, other agency communications and public awareness campaigns as needed.
- Support agency facilities and technology: including tracking & key assignment, reconciling work orders and invoices.
- Assist with the development of operational systems and processes while seeking and implementing efficiencies where possible.
- Complete quarterly statistical reports, develop and oversee applicable work plans and timelines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications & Fund Development Manager.
- Provide backup coverage/support for the Executive Assistant.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply for this position is January 31, 2019. The intended start date for the successful candidate is February 2019.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to :
Human Resources Manager
700 Heritage Drive
Kitchener, ON N2A3N9
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.