Child Care Volunteer – “Safe Steps”
To positively engage and support children who are receiving services from Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region and provide support to the group facilitators of the “Safe Steps” program.
- Once a week for three hours (Mondays 5:00pm-8:00pm), for three ten-week sessions over the year
- At the “Safe Steps” group location which is currently offsite in Kitchener
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Duties
- Providing safe child care to young children whose families are attending the group
- To role model kindness, respect and responsibility.
- To lead children in their efforts to clean up the playroom
- To assist group facilitators
- Lead activities such as games, crafts, free play time
- Understanding of the effects of domestic violence on children
- Experience working with children who have high needs
The Clinical Support Worker will provide primary support for these volunteers.
- AODA, CPR, Health and Safety
- Anti-oppressive practice training
- Active listening skills training
In accordance with the Dress Code policy of WCSWR
- Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
How To Apply
Please submit resume to:
Human Resources Specialist