Signs of Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is about power and control by one partner over the other partner.
Here are signs that may indicate domestic violence is occurring:
- Violent outbursts
- Isolation from family and friends
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Physical assault
- Fear for self or children
- Threats of violence or harm
- Threats of destruction of property or pets
- Makes you feel guilty or worthless
- Insults or put downs, name calling
- Jealousy or accusations of cheating
- Unkept promises to change
- Control of all the money
- Forced sexual acts
If you are concerned about your situation, please contact our support lines. Our staff will help you create a safety plan.
Four young women share the signs of domestic violence through images
We asked four young women to share the signs of domestic violence through taking symbolic photos and explaining the connection. Two of them bravely shared connections to their own lives.
Source: The London Battered Womens Advocacy Centre