Taking Action along the Highway of Tears with The Moose Hide Campaign
In 2011, Raven Lacerte went on a hunting trip with her father near the infamous Highway of Tears, a section of highway between Prince George and Prince Rupert, BC, where many Indigenous women have gone missing or been murdered. Little did they know this trip would mark the beginning of the Moose Hide Campaign – a grassroots movement focused on ending violence against Indigenous women and children. In this episode, Raven Lacerte and David Stevenson explain what the Moose Hide Campaign is all about and how it has evolved over the years.
Join in the conversation! Use the hashtag #SheIsYourNeighbour and connect with us on social media at @WomensCrisisSWR.
A Recap of She Is Your Neighbour – Season 1
In the News
- ‘She Is Your Neighbour’: Staying focused on domestic violence in Waterloo region
- New podcast explores issue of domestic violence
- Podcast shines light on domestic violence
- Domestic violence is everyone’s problem, campaign emphasizes
- Domestic violence campaign helping break down barriers
- Cambridge Chamber of Commerce honours groups, leaders with community awards