Communications Assistant – Volunteer
We are looking for a volunteer to work with our Communications and Fund Development team! Your role will include creating social media content, designing posters, and posting content on our website.
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region provides shelter and regional outreach services to women and children fleeing domestic violence. We operate two shelters: Anselma House in Kitchener and Haven House in Cambridge. We believe every woman and child deserves to live free from violence.
Time Commitment: Approx. 4-6 hours per week at Anselma House in Kitchener. Schedule is flexible.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Duties
- Create and schedule content for Women’s Crisis Services social media accounts
- Design promotional materials such as posters, flyers, etc.
- Organize, update, and coordinate marketing material as needed
- Add content to new and existing web pages
- Assist with the coordination of fundraising events and campaigns
- Perform administrative tasks
- Creativity, teamwork, and strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with social media and experience using popular social media outlets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress
- Graphic design experience is an asset
Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to:
Joyce Birnstihl, Human Resources Manager