Who our shelters help
We provide shelter for any woman experiencing any form of abuse in an intimate partner or familial relationship, and who has no other safe place to live. If a mother, she may bring kids up to age 18 of both genders with her to be with her and be safe. Please contact us if you want to confirm we can help you.
Support phone lines are available 24/7 (see top right) to discuss abuse concerns and provide guidance in identifying and dealing with abusive relationships. We offer interpreters and have a language line available for immediate responses for women whose first language is not English.
How our shelters help women
Once at the shelter, the support is ongoing:
- Advocacy continues around legal needs, housing, parenting and transitioning toward independence for our residents and their children
- We also offer a food and nutrition program and child and youth programming
- Support is provided both one on one and through groups to help women move beyond violence
- We also assist with safety planning
- Support for housing and/or Ontario Works
- Education about Violence against Women
- Employment search support
- Music therapy
- Child and youth programs
- Referrals to local agencies